Is your choir looking for a music director or more singers?
NZCF can help in a number of ways...
• Paid advertising on our website under this section in eBreve
• Free news items under your choir's online profile
• Our 'Find-a'Choir' facility on our home page which is connected to your choir's own online profile: a good reason to keep it updated
• Download information about Remuneration for choir directors
Advertisements for vacancies for choir directors, or other key roles, may be placed here for up to three months at a cost of $70 (NZCF member choirs) or $120 (non-members) - this includes up to three insertions in the monthly NZCF eBreve and quartley Ictus. See Advertising for more information or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to place an advertisement.
Kowhai Singers (http://kowhaisingers.org.nz) is a community choir looking for a new musical director. We are seeking a person who will inspire us and develop our confidence to venture into new musical territory.
Our forty singers come from the area between Orewa and Wellsford, and meet weekly at Warkworth. We perform concerts of mixed genre music, as well as major works. Our final performance with our retiring conductor will be Messiah.
We’ll be attracted to an applicant who
• has the people and leadership skills to work with a diverse group of people whose singing abilities cover a wide range, but who have huge commitment to the task.
• is a skilled conductor, with a sound knowledge of choral singing skills and wide repertoire of choral music.
• will engender a sense of fun, enjoyment, challenge and achievement for our singers.
The choir enjoys the services of a gifted accompanist, and is supported by an enthusiastic and efficient committee. Remuneration of the successful applicant will be negotiated at time of appointment.
Persons interested in applying should email their CV to:
Beverley Hicks at email@example.com .
For more information, please email or call Beverley on 09 425 7015
Music Director: Risingholme Singers, Christchurch
The Risingholme Singers (Christchurch) are seeking the services of a new Music Director, to take up this position from February 2017. An honorarium will be paid.
This mixed Community Choir (SATB), established in 1947, is a friendly, enthusiastic group of some fifty members, who welcome all of whom can sing in tune. We perform a wide-ranging repertoire at
two or three public concerts annually. Recent performances include ‘The Messiah’ Part Two, with strings and guest artists; semi-staged versions of ‘Pirates of Penzance’ and ‘The Mikado’ and extracts from Shows such as ‘Fiddler on the Roof’. Rehearsals are held in the Opawa Baptist Church lounge on Monday evenings, during School Terms, from 7.30pm – 9.30pm.
Expressions of interest should be forwarded to The President, Jill Wilmott, firstname.lastname@example.org
A job description can be obtained on request.