OR download a NZCF 2020 NEW choir membership form
OR download a NZCF 2020 choir membership renewal form
For any enquiries, please contact Cathryn Wyllie (Operations Manager) during office hours on 021 977 905 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Why should my choir be a member of NZCF?
NZCF website marketing opportunities
Your choir is entitled to:
– free concert advertising on our home page
– an online choir profile on our website including contact and rehearsal details (the choir page is also linked to the Choir Finder, that will help recruit new choir members)
– advertising at members’ rates
Annual APRA licence
NZCF has a special arrangement with APRA for member choirs’ annual performing rights licence and the APRA fee is included in the NZCF membership subscription. No further charges are made by APRA unless the work is a ‘grand right’ composition (a major choral work in excess of 20 minutes duration). In these cases, a licence must be obtained directly from the relevant publisher. All APRA requires is a list of titles and composers, sent after each NZCF members’ concert. The NZCF/APRA licence can therefore save NZCF member choirs a substantial sum – in many cases, more than the cost of their NZCF membership subscription – and also administration time.
Non-NZCF member choirs are obliged to pay an annual Australasian Performing Right Association (APRA) licence fee of $109.28 and, in addition, must remit 1.75% plus GST of box-office income where copyrighted material is performed or rehearsed. This requirement does not apply to NZCF members.
Optional assets and public liability insurance at a low premium
The NZCF has a comprehensive, tailored, insurance package (assets and public liability) for choirs through Crombie Lockwood (NZ) Limited. The insurance comes at a premium of $185 incl GST for 2020. A similar level of cover might cost your choir around $700 per annum from another provider. See our Resources/Insurance web page for more information.
– Joining with other choral singers and conductors for networking and support
– Invitations to choral workshops and singing and conducting courses, run by top New Zealand and other internationally-recognised choral practitioners
– Professional development opportunities for your choir’s conductor
– Monthly newsletter eBreve for all choir members
– Advertising vacancies in eBreve and on our website at member rates
– Free review of your choir’s CD or DVD in eBreve
– Discounts on NZCF publications
– Voting rights at elections at one vote per 25 singers (maximum 4 votes per choir)
How does my choir membership support choral music in New Zealand?
Your choir’s membership fee helps the NZCF to:
• provide a wide range of choral events, services and educational opportunities for choirs
• train choral leaders through regular workshops and conferences
• provide experienced personnel for education in vocal and choral techniques
• provide a structure for NZ choral professionals to improve their skills and assist others
• bring national/international clinicians’ expertise to regional choirs
• stimulate excellence in New Zealand choirs
• create performance opportunities for New Zealand composers
Sign your conductor up to the Association of Choral Directors
Choral conductors are encouraged to join the NZCF Association of Choral Directors (ACD), a network that provides professional development and mentoring, and fosters connectivity and collegiality between choral leaders. NZCF encourages choirs to pay for their conductor’s annual $85 ACD membership fee. By investing in their choir director, the choir is investing in their own future.