NZCF has a membership of over 21,000 singers from around 550 choirs including a wide range of styles, including sacred, jazz, art music or ‘classical’, classical or spiritual, ethnic or ‘world’, musical productions, opera and barbershop.
We recommend that you join or renew online here.
Download a NZCF new choir membership 2017 form.
Download a NZCF choir membership renewal form
For any enquiries, please contact Cathryn Wyllie (Operations Manager) during office hours on 021 977 905 / 09 292 9442 or at email@example.com
Choir membership benefits
• NZCF website marketing opportunities
• a website listing with choir profile, and contact/rehearsal details
• concert listings
• advertising at members’ rates
• a link to its website
• Annual APRA licence
Non-NZCF member choirs are obliged to pay an annual Australasian Performing Right Association (APRA) licence fee of $95.42 and, in addition, must remit 1.5% plus GST of box-office income where copyrighted material is performed or rehearsed. This requirement does not apply to NZCF members. However, NZCF has a special arrangement with APRA for member choirs’ annual performing rights licence and the APRA fee is included in the NZCF membership subscription. No further charges are made by APRA unless the work is a ‘grand right’ composition (a major choral work in excess of 20 minutes duration). In these cases, a licence must be obtained directly from the relevant publisher. All APRA requires is a list of titles and composers, sent after each NZCF members’ concert. The NZCF/APRA licence can therefore save NZCF member choirs a substantial sum of money – in many cases, more than the cost of their NZCF membership subscription – and also administration time.
• Optional Insurance at a low premium
The NZCF has a comprehensive, tailored, insurance package (assets and public liability) for choirs through Crombie Lockwood (NZ) Limited. The underwriter of the policies for the NZCF is now ‘OMPL’ (Offshore Market Placements Limited, Certain Underwriters at Lloyd’s), which has a claims-paying rating of A+ by Standard and Poor. The insurance comes at a premium (unchanged from 2015) of $150 incl. GST for 2016. This would usually cost your choir around $650 per annum).
See our Resources/Insurance web page for more information.
• Other benefits
• Join with other choral singers and conductors for networking, support and fun
• Invitations to choral workshops and singing and conducting courses, run by top New Zealand
and other internationally-recognised choral practitioners
• Discounted entry to NZCF regional and nationally-organised events
• Professional development for your choir’s conductor
• Monthly newsletter eBreve for all choir members
• Advertising vacancies in eBreve and on our website at member rates
• Free review of your choir’s CD or DVD in eBreve
• 20% discount on music hired from the National Library, and discounts on NZCF publications
• Voting rights at elections at one vote per 25 singers (maximum 4 votes per choir)
What your membership means to the Federation
• provides a structure for NZ choral professionals to improve their skills and assist others
• stimulates excellence in New Zealand choirs and other arts organisations
• produces choral events and educational opportunities
• provides experienced personnel for education in vocal and choral techniques
• trains choral leaders
• provides performance opportunities for New Zealand composers
• brings national/international clinicians’ expertise to regional choirs
Note that NZCF now accepts credit card payments (Visa and Mastercard).