Kids of Note
A national children’s choir course for young singers
Kids of Note is an intensive (and fun!) four-day course for young singers, aged 9 to 14, who enjoy singing and can match pitch (sing in tune). Organised by the NZCF Association of Choral Directors, Kids of Note will be directed by children’s choral specialist, Elise Bradley, and the singers will develop a wide range of skills in a safe and secure environment. Moira Clarke is the Kids of Note coordinator and is responsible for the choir management and care of the singers. As a participant in Kids of Note, singers will:
Each day begins at 9.30am with a full day of coaching in singing, musical activities, full rehearsals and sectionals until 4.30pm. Staff will be on site from 8.30am for any parents who need to drop off their child early, and Vanessa Kay will lead an hour of musical games until 5.30pm to enable late pick-up from the venue. Kids of Note will conclude with a public concert on Thursday 14 July from 3.30 to 4.00pm.
Fees and accommodation
The fee for the four-day course is $130 and there are a limited number of bursaries for those in financial need. As numbers are limited, not all applications may be accepted if the course is fully subscribed. Homestays can be arranged by the Kids of Note Coordinator for some of the out-of-town participants for the duration of the course. Auckland hosts will be paid $60 per child that they host; this fee will be collected in addition to the registration fee.
Kids of Note: Terms and Conditions
Parents and singers must agree to the following terms and conditions for acceptance:
1. ACD may contact referees to confirm their endorsement and/or make arrangements to audition the singer.
2. The course will be limited to around 60 children, so it may not be possible for accept all applications. In this case, the selectors' decision will be final.
3. If selected, the singers must:
4. Applications have now closed. The selection panel expect to notify all applicants by 12 May of their acceptance (or otherwise). In the case of an application not being accepted, a full refund of the course and homestay fee (if already paid) will be provided.
5. The course fee of $130 and the homestay fee of $60 (if applicable) must be paid by 25 May. Some bursaries are available for singers in financial need – please contact the Kids of Note Coordinator, Moira Clarke email@example.com, for further details.