Membership of the ACD is open to all with an interest in choral conducting, regardless of whether actively involved in choral direction or not. ACD members are also automatically granted Personal Membership of the NZCF.
OR download a 2019 new ACD membership form
OR download a 2019 ACD membership renewal form
For any enquiries, please contact Cathryn Wyllie (Operations Manager) during office hours on 021 977 905 / 09 292 9442 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Why should I belong to the Association of Choral Directors?
Choral conductors are encouraged to join the NZCF Association of Choral Directors (ACD), a network that provides professional development and mentoring, and fosters connectivity and collegiality between choral leaders. As a member of the ACD, you gain:
• complimentary access to Musica International’s virtual library *
• complimentary one-year membership of the American Choral Directors Association *
• access to NZCF’s repertoire database
• access to ACD’s video channel *
• access to ACD advisors to work with conductors and choirs
• invitations to choral conducting workshops, conventions and other events
• preferential acceptance to NZCF and ACD workshops where numbers are limited
• a reduction (greater than that of personal members) on the entry fee to NZCF events
• the opportunity to network with other conductors
• a dedicated ‘Conducting’ section on the NZCF website with access to ‘members only’ educational resources
• monthly eBreve and ACD’s Ictus quarterly newsletter
• discounts on NZCF publications
• voting rights at NZCF elections and other meetings
• Discounted registration to Choral Connect ’19 and the 12th World Symposium on Choral Music (WSCM2020)!
* access through Username and Password, provided on payment of the annual subscription
How does my membership support choral music in New Zealand?
Your membership fee helps the NZCF to:
• provide a wide range of choral events, services and educational opportunities for choirs
• train choral leaders through regular workshops and conferences
• provide experienced personnel for education in vocal and choral techniques
• provide a structure for NZ choral professionals to improve their skills and assist others
• bring national/international clinicians’ expertise to regional choirs
• stimulate excellence in New Zealand choirs
• create performance opportunities for New Zealand composers
Note that NZCF now accepts credit card payments (Visa and Mastercard).